When trying to help solve an existing medical condition in your body, you may find that taking too many antibiotics throws off the balance of your body’s digestive system. These antibiotics kill all of the bacteria in your stomach and intestines, so you need to find a way to restore the beneficial bacteria that contribute to healthy digestion. You may find that probiotics are the perfect solution for this problem.
What are Probiotics?
In order to understand the benefits of probiotics, it is vital to understand what they are in the first place. Probiotics are tiny microorganisms that, when consumed, work with the bacteria inside the body to provide some form of health benefit to the person consuming them. Think of these probiotics as reinforcements that you can send to your intestines against the war on unhealthy digestion.
Now that you understand what probiotics are, you can understand their benefits too. The reason that probiotics are so beneficial is that they help the body to maintain proper balance in the digestive system. When taking medication or when experiencing stomach disorders, the balance of the digestive system is thrown off.
According to Fortune Business Insights™, the global probiotics market size was valued at USD 48.88 billion in 2019 and is projected to reach USD 94.48 billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 7.9% during the forecast period.
When you take the probiotics, they work with the beneficial bacteria in your digestive system to restore the disrupted balance of the intestinal tract. These probiotics strengthen and reinforce the bacteria that live in your digestive system, and they help to keep things working properly. They can help to reduce the symptoms of a number of disorders.
Even if you aren’t suffering from some kind of stomach disorder, you will find that using probiotics will be incredibly beneficial. The fact that you are providing extra bacteria to help keep your body functioning properly will be sufficient to keep your digestive system processing food in the most effective way.
Best Probiotic Supplements 2022
There are many more benefits of probiotics:
– Many vital enzymes are produced by probiotics, which helps increase the availability of important vitamins, nutrients, and minerals in the body.
– Constipation can quickly be relieved by taking probiotics, and you will find that your bowel movements will be regularized and normalized by taking them.
– Probiotics help to slow down the spread of bacteria that cause diseases when they attach themselves to the lining of the intestinal walls. This is due to the fact that they create a lot of acid, which inhibits the growth of these unhealthy bacteria.
– Another one of probiotics benefits is the fact that they stimulate the growth of antibodies and lymphocytes.
– Probiotics kill infections and parasites, as well as help to strengthen the immune system
– You can greatly reduce cholesterol by taking probiotics.
– Fungal and yeast infections can be prevented as well as treated when using probiotics.
– The cleansing of the colon is a common side effect of probiotics, which means that bad breath and body odor are also reduced.
These are just a few of the things that probiotics can do.
Increasing their Effectiveness
While probiotics are very effective, Prebiotics have proven to be even more so. Prebiotics are basically nutrients that feed the beneficial bacteria in the digestive system, which helps them to be able to spread more to have control over the gastrointestinal tract. Taking prebiotics can actually be even more beneficial than taking probiotics and provide all the great health benefits on offer.
Read More: Best Fruit for Gut Health – Enjoy Fruits for Better Gut Health 2022
Three Things to Look For Before You Even Think Of Buying a Supplement
When evaluating Probiotic supplements there are three things you must know; and most importantly, you need to realize that not all of them are the same. This article will give you insights on the things that you need to take into consideration before buying one.
In order to maintain perfect health you need good nutrition, plenty of water and should be eating lots of organic foods that are high in natural nutritional content. However, even if you eat right, there is no guarantee your body will be able to derive all the benefits possible from its diet – this is because of an inefficient digestive system.
Most people do not have the right kind and quality of digestive bacteria in their stomach. Which is why not only do they lose many of the beneficial effects of their food, they also suffer from indigestion, gas, bloated stomach and a number of other such issues.
Here is an interesting fact: Over 80% of your immune system is in your gut. Your gut is your digestive track. This is why you continuously need micro flora (this is good bacteria) inside your stomach for proper digestion. This is exactly what probiotic supplements do.
The saying “you are what you eat” couldn’t be further from the truth. Your body’s defense systems and mechanisms will entirely depend on how you feed your gut.
Here are three things to look out for when you are selecting a probiotic supplement:
- Multiple strains of good bacteria: The first thing you want to see is if the supplement contains multiple strains of good bacteria. A lot of the supplements only have 2-3 strains. An ideal amount is 10 or more. The higher the number, the better.
- What is the potency level of the probiotic? Most of the probiotic supplements on the market only have a few billion bacteria inside it. This is probably the important thing to look out for. You want a high quality probiotic supplement that has a high count of good bacteria in it. The best ones to go for are the ones that have over 50 billion bacteria per serving.
- Do the micro flora make it to your gut (aka digestive tract)? Not every probiotic has live organisms, even if they do, they are poor in quality and in most cases they can’t reach your digestive tract. This is mainly because of the acids present in your stomach. If this happens, then it’s really of no use as the main purpose is to get billions of live good bacteria into your gut which will in turn boost your health and immune system.
But most of all, the real question is – do you even need a probiotic supplement?
Fact is – most people already have enough of digestive bacteria in their stomach. The problem is, these bacteria do not get the nourishment they need in order to be able to function properly. This is where Prebiotics come in.
Read More: Is Oatmeal Good for Gut Health? Surprising Facts Revealed 2022
Prebiotics nourish the good bacteria in your stomach so that they can digest food properly, and so help in getting rid of various digestion related problems.
A Probiotic supplement or a Prebiotic supplement – whichever you choose, make sure its according to the real needs of your stomach. Don’t just rely on the popular opinion of the day, do your own research and make the right choice.