Those who play online slots jackpot games at Wizard Slots often wonder about what can affect their winnings, one thing that they might not expect to affect a game’s winnings is the layout of a slot machine.
Slot Machine Layout
The layout of a slot machine does not refer to the theme and design of a slot, instead it refers to the layout of things such as the reels and rows. These attributes are found in every slot game, dating back to their very first iteration. The reels and rows are what the player will be interacting with. Without reels and rows, the symbols would not be able to feature on the machine. Older slot games usually stuck to a more traditional reel and row formation, typically there would be three reels and one row. Over time this changed and the standard increased, with these slots typically having five reels and three rows. Modern slot games have technology which allows them to offer a much bigger amount of reels and rows.
Can it Affect Winnings?
The slot machine layout can actually affect the winnings a player receives, this is because the amount of reels and rows that a slot offers can change to available paylines for a player.
- Paylines are actually not the same as the reels and rows of a slot, this is because paylines aren’t necessarily a straight line. Conversely, rows of a slot have to be positioned in a horizontal straight line.
- The Megaways game engine is an example of how increased amounts of reels and rows can affect the players chance of winning, these games offer thousands of different winning combinations due to their layout. As a result, players are much more likely to win.
- Classic slots tended to use a simpler slot layout, this resulted in a lower amount of available paylines for the players. Conversely, modern slots can use much more intricate and complicated layouts, this gives players a much higher amount of paylines to compete for.
Things which can Affect Winnings
The layout is not the only factor of a slot game which can affect a player’s overall winnings. There are several other things which players should keep an eye on.
- The RTP is an important slot concept, it is essentially a percentage which can be found in the paytable of a slot, this percentage indicates to players how much return they should expect to receive over a period of time.
- Slot volatility can massively affect the winnings of a player, volatility is basically the risk involved with a slot game. Highly volatile games will offer much more risk as they payout infrequently, however the amount they payout eventually will be much higher than average. Lower volatility slots will payout much more frequently but the overall payout amount will be much less than average.
The layout of a slot machine can actually affect winnings, this is due to the increased number of rows which results in a larger amount of possible paylines for players.