Salwar kameez is a traditional outfit, especially worn by Punjabi women. It includes:
- A pair of pleated trousers with a tight fit around the ankles is known as salwar, and,
- With them, women frequently wear a kameez, a long flowing garment with beautiful embroidery and decoration.
A salwar suit is a set of bottoms and a tunic top. The tunic can be loose or fitted, and a buttoned placket is common. Designers can make the tunic with various fabrics, such as cotton or silk, and it can be printed, embroidered, or have other surface embellishments. The bottoms can be either tightly fitted (salwars) or loosely fitted (palazzos).
History Of Salwar Kameez
The Mughals were the first to introduce the salwar kameez! The Mughal Empire’s men and women wore opulent, expensive clothing fashioned of the best materials and encrusted with jewelry through the entirety of the garment. Mughal ladies wore the most delicate fabrics including, muslins, velvets, silks, and brocades, in their clothes.
Designers devised a creative and designed concept of a salwar kameez and that lends a unique touch to apparel inspired by Mughal costumes. Salwar kameez comes in various styles and designs. The sleeve length, shirt length, and necklines of the kameez can all be customized. The dupatta is integral to the outfit and marks a woman’s respect.
Why Women Prefer Wearing Salwar Kameez?
- India is a hot country where summer temperatures can reach 40 degrees Celsius, making it necessary for individuals to cover up entirely to avoid becoming even more tanned. Salwar Kameez is quite comfortable to wear because they cover practically the entire body.
It also gives fashionistas the option of having it custom embroidered with changes to fit their preferences. In addition, India is a traditionally conservative country where men and women dress and present themselves in a refined manner. Salwars allow women to sit or stand up casually without concern of their body parts being revealed or seen, which is not the case with other dresses.
- Indian people have a healthier structure, with many of them being on the positive side. The majority of western clothes are designed for slim women and seem strange when worn by overweight individuals. On the other hand, Salwar kameez is an attire that flatters ladies of different shapes, sizes, and ages.
- Today, most Punjabi women work, whether in the fields, in offices, or in any other capacity. As a result, they want elegant and comfortable clothing and minimal maintenance, as they are short on time and cannot devote time to their upkeep.
Second, other clothes, such as a saree or a lehenga, require special attention and precautions, such as being correctly folded and ironed before being stored and even worn. On the other hand, a salwar kameez does not necessitate such attention, and one can handle it as casual clothing. As a result, the suit’s popularity is increasing these days.
The Best Online Store To Buy Salwar Kameez
Ready-to-wear and semi-stitched salwar are available in Aachho fashion. Color and heritage are infused into wardrobes all across the world thanks to the unique web store.
They specialize in the finest, most beautifully woven, and embroidered salwar suits, lehenga cholis, and fusion clothing. They select the most delicate fabrics and create works of art that reinterpret traditional clothing. It is the most excellent place to shop for salwar online at the most reasonable prices.