In the tropical regions of Southeast Asia, you will come across an evergreen tree in the coffee family known as Kratom. The tree has been cultivated and used as a natural remedy for many years in Indonesia, Thailand, and Malaysia. Traditionally, kratom is used to treat pain. However, due to its numerous medicinal properties, kratom is used to treat many conditions, including opioid addiction. You can acquire kratom in great places like Kratom Country for treating diarrhea, muscle cramps, and more. Recently, people across different parts of the world have started using kratom in their beverages to help relieve pain and relax. However, with the steady use of kratom for medical and recreational purposes, many people are getting addicted to the substance.
Kratom has similar effects to those of drugs like heroin and morphine. Therefore, it has been highly used to treat opioid addiction. The unfortunate thing about using kratom to treat opioid addiction is that it can also become addictive with time, and the user might relapse easily. Kratom comes in different forms. It can be used in tea as dried leaves, or appear as tablets or powder. So whether you take kratom as leaves or Vietnam Kratom capsules, how can you recognize you are addicted and what do you do after confirming addiction?
Before we dive into signs of addiction, let’s look at the side effects of kratom.
The Possible Side Effects of Kratom Use
Kratom users have different side effects depending on the number of doses they take. For low doses, kratom has stimulant effects. It also enhances behaviors like calmness, euphoria, improve social function, talkativeness, and more. For high doses, kratom has specific effects lie increased libido, pain relief, nausea, sweating, constipation, boosted energy, appetite loss, sleepiness, and more.
Signs of Addiction
Regardless of the substance, you are using, addiction comes in different common signs. Some of the general signs of addiction are;
- Craving for the substance on a daily basis
- Taking more of the drug every day or for a long time
- Experiencing an extreme urge to use such that it affects behavior
- Spending more money to buy the substance
- Indulging in behavior like violence or stealing to finance the substance
- Indulging in unpleasant behavior like unprotected sex or driving, when under the influence
- Going back to using the drug after attempting to stop
These are the common addiction signs you need to recognize if you are using White Bali Kratom or any other substance. You can also recognize if your friend or loved one is addicted by observing the following signs;
- A change in physical appearances like poor hygiene, red eyes, weight loss, and such
- Mood changes like irritation, anxiety, depression, and mood swings
- Behavior changes like violence and aggression
- Withdrawal from relationships, family, and friends
- Money issues like stealing money, begging for money from family or friends without a logical explanation
- Poor performance at school or work. The person may lose their job, skip work or classes or drop in performance or grades
If you or your loved one is addicted to kratom or any other substance, it is crucial to know the right things to do. The first and most important thing is debunking the misconceptions surrounding substance abuse. You should know that addiction does not necessarily have to be the victim’s fault. Understand how it occurs and how it affects the normal functioning of the user. After debunking the myths, here are other things you should do.
- Educate yourself about the risk of the addiction and the side effects. Also, know the available options for treatment for you or your dear one.
- Discuss your options with your family or your loved one. You might consider an intervention to motivate your dear one to seek help. One thing you should know about interventions is that they can trigger mistrust, isolation, or anger. So, know the best way to approach the situation.
- Prepare for the results. If you are dealing with substance abuse, know what you need. If it is a loved one, you should know that they might deny or accept to seek help. Be there for them no matter the decision they make.
- Find a treatment center. This is a very crucial thing to focus on. Remember, the type of treatment center you choose has an impact on how you or your loved one recovers.
You can ask for a recommendation from any health expert or doctor you know. It can also be thoughtful to search for the best and highly rated treatment centers near you. You will go through detoxification to help you stop using the drug. The method is safe and fast depending on the level of addiction. During detox, you will go through three stages. The first one is to evaluate the amount of substance in the blood and any health conditions you might have acquired. The next thing is the stabilization stage that will involve helping you to transit from using the drug or experiencing the withdrawal symptoms. In the last stage, you will start a treatment program that will need your total commitment to helping you stop using substances completely. Treatment options include therapy and medication.
These are the side effects and how to recognize addiction for kratom. If you or your loved one is suspecting addiction, confirm the signs mentioned above. It is also crucial to know the right steps to take when seeking help. The most important thing is learning about the drug, addiction, and side effects. Additionally, learn about the misconceptions surrounding drug abuse and find help from the right people. You will first go through detoxification before creating a treatment plan. Remember, recovering from addiction calls for your total commitment and undivided attention. You also need to make up your mind and stick with the decision that you want to stop the addiction. Remember, kratom is an addictive substance. Even if it is used to treat opioid addiction, the substance itself can be addictive over time. Even though withdrawal is challenging, the benefits you get in the long run surpass the risks.