Do you need to know your IP address? But don’t know that how to find it on a laptop? Finding an IP address is not as difficult as you think; even you can do it by following easy steps. In this article, we will share some practical ways to find IP addresses on the laptop.
You don’t need to worry about how to find IP addresses on versatile laptops for streaming. It’s an easy process, and you are going to learn it in this article. Let’s proceed.
What is an IP address?
An IP address is a unique address that helps networks to identify a specific device. The complete form of IP address is “internet protocol.” IP address helps devices to send information with authentic identity. Every device needs to have its IP address to communicate freely with other devices.
An IP address is essential because without it internet cannot make a difference between devices and websites. Sometimes you need to know your IP address for many reasons so let’s look at how to find it.
It’s an easy and effective method to find the IP address on your laptop. Follow the instructions given below.
- To find the IP address, you need to open a web browser.
- Search for https://www.google.com.
- Now you need to type in the search bar “what is my IP.” After pressing enter, you can see your public IP address at the top of the search results.
- In the case of using a laptop behind the router access point, your public IP address can be different from your local IP address. To find your local IP address, try different methods. check out the best laptops if you need a new laptop.
Use the control panel to find the local IP address.
As you cannot find a local IP address using the Google method, use the control panel method to find the local IP address. Begin with following the instructions.
- First of all, press Window + S for opening the Windows search bar. To open it with another method, you can click on the magnifying glass icon on Windows 10 and 8; just click on the start menu.
- After that, type “view network connections” in the search bar and you will get matching search results.
- Now you need to click on “view network connections.”
- After that, double click on your active connections, whether you are using a wireless connection or wired connection. Click on it.
- You will see a button with the name “Details” by clicking on this button you will get your IP address.
Find the public IP address on your router
There is another method to find public IP addresses, which is very useful. You can find your public IP address on your router as well. To do this, you have to follow the given instructions.
- First of all, go to the web browser and search for your router’s admin. You can get access to your router’s admin through the web browser. Every router has its address, such as any website. So put the address in the search bar to go to the router’s admin.
- Now you need to log in as an administrator. Every router has a username and password to log in, and sometimes it can be different, but mostly they are a little bit the same.
- After that, the next step is opening the router status or WAN page. Page name can be different; it varies on the router. In the case of using Netgear router and Netgear genie configuration software, then click the advance tab.
- Now locate “internet IP address.” You can see it on the router status easily.
Finally, you know how to find an IP address on the laptop. As we told you at the beginning of this article, that it’s an easy process. So if you want to know your IP address, you can find it by using any of the above methods. For more tips related to laptops you can also visit: https://laptopsgraph.com/