An electric smoker is a wonderful and popular outdoor cooking machine that smokes fish, poultry, meat, and vegetables. It does not consume wood, propane, or charcoal for fuel, instead, it uses hot electric rods as its heating source.
An electric smoker is not completely different from a broiler or toaster. Its electric rods heat a cooking chamber where it heats the food by circulating air, making a convection impact. It sets the food on a plate or racks inside the smoker where it’s warmed to the ideal doneness. Last, it sets the wood chips in a compartment where they’re scorched by the electric warmth, making smoke flavor the food.
The electric smoker will have plentiful space inside for your fish, ham, chicken, hotdog, or jerky. To get that overwhelming smoky taste, simply fill the wood chip plate with your desired wood.
Advantages of Electric Smokers
Electric smokers have gained immense popularity in recent years. They are a good addition to your kitchen. A few advantages of electric smokers are as under:
- It does not consume electricity in a great amount
- You can choose your desired smoke chips
- It is safe to use
- You don’t need to check the smoker constantly while cooking
- It is environment-friendly
- It is easy to use
- Cooking with electric smokers offers great health benefits
- You don’t need to use oil or butter for frying
- You can set an exact temperature for cooking
- It is easy to clean and maintain
- They are sturdy appliances
Electric Smoker Stands
The market is full of electric smoker stands from different brands. You cannot only build a smoker stand yourself but also purchase it from the market.
What to Look at Before Building a Smoker Stand
A smoker stand should be individual to your requirements. Refer to the following factors and determine whether you need to fuse something extraordinary into your smoker stand plan.
It will be best if you build your stand to the particular measurements and weight of your smoker.
It’s critical to ensure the stand configuration you’re going with is viable with your smoker style. Since there are such countless styles available, ensure you thoroughly consider this step.
If you need to move around your smoker, you’ll need to put wheels on your stand. Ensure you position them at the external corners of your stand for extreme strength.
Extra space provides perfect workspace on the stand. If you have space you can also include a shelf for smoking supplies like wood chips, tools, and cooking utensils.
Wood Stand with Wheels
A beautiful wood stand with wheels is ideal for all kinds of electric smokers. It allows you to prepare your meal with no stress. You can move the stand from one place to the other without any hassle.
The material and steps to build a wood stand with wheels are as under:
- Furniture cushions
- Lockable wheels
- Measure the base of the smoker
- Take three 2x4s
- Cut two parallel 2x4s to length
- Use the third 2×4 as a brace between the two corresponding 2x4s
- Use screwdriver to drill the brace into the corresponding 2x4s
- Get plywood to make bumpers
- Put both tabs on each corner of the stand
- Place furniture cushions on the inside of each of the tabs
- Fasten lockable wheels to the bottom of the frame
- Make changes as desired
The wood stand is versatile. It is perfect for outdoor activities and you can use it both as serving and a storage stand.
Lumber Smoker Stand
You can also build an excellent smoker stand with lumber. Have a look at the steps below:
- Use four 4x4s as vertical legs
- Make supports and aprons
- Fasten the supports and aprons to a block between each leg
- Add one overhang to both legs
- Lay opposite planks
- Secure the entire table
You can add extra space for the preparation of the meal. You can also add a cabinet for extra storage.
Using Mini-fridge for an Electric Smoker Stand
Using a mini-fridge is a great choice for a smoker stand. The solid construction adds enough height to the stand. You can also use it for extra storage.
A stand is a fast and simple approach to elevate your smoker and make it more ergonomic and helpful. It likewise gets your smoker far from critters and any pool’s water on your porch or deck.
It’s not an enormous deal, however adding some detachment between your smoker and the wet substantial floor is always something to be thankful for.