Wearing a wig can be a great way to switch up your look without permanently changing your natural hair. Whether you want to add length, volume, or new hair colour, wigs can help you achieve the desired look. color chart However, with so many types of wigs available on the market, it can be overwhelming to choose the right one. Moreover, maintaining your wig’s colour and style over time can also be challenging. In this article, we will discuss the different types of wigs, how to choose the right colour to match your skin tone and style, tips and tricks for maintaining your wig’s colour and style over time, and how to style your wig with different hair accessories, including braided headbands.
There are two main types of wigs: synthetic and human hair. Synthetic wigs are made from synthetic fibres and are less expensive than human hair wigs. headband wigs, They are also easier to maintain and require less styling. However, synthetic wigs do not last as long as human hair wigs and cannot be heat-styled. On the other hand, human hair wigs are made from natural human hair and can be heat-styled and coloured like natural hair. They are more expensive than synthetic wigs but can last up to a year with proper care and maintenance.
Choosing the right colour for your wig can be a daunting task. Selecting a colour that matches your skin tone and style is essential. If you need clarification on the right colour, try using a colour chart that compares skin tones and colours. You can also consider the colour of your natural hair, eye colour, and clothing style.
For instance, if you have a warm skin tone, you should choose warm hair colours such as gold, copper, or auburn. If you have a calm skin tone, choose cool hair colours such as ash, platinum, or silver. You can choose any hair colour if you have a neutral skin tone.
Maintaining your wig’s colour and style can be challenging, especially if worn regularly. Here are some tips and tricks for keeping your wig’s colour and tone over time:
- Use a wig shampoo and conditioner: Regular shampoos and conditioners can damage your wig’s fibres. Use a wig-specific shampoo and conditioner to maintain its colour and texture.
- Avoid heat styling: If you have a synthetic wig, avoid using heat styling tools such as flat irons, curling irons, and hair dryers. Synthetic fibres cannot withstand heat and can be damaged.
- Store your wig correctly: When you are not wearing your wig, store it on a wig stand or a mannequin head to maintain its shape and style.
- Protect your wig from the sun: Sunlight can fade the colour of your wig. Avoid exposing it to direct sunlight for extended periods.
- Avoid harsh chemicals, such as bleach, hair dye, or hair spray on your wig. They can damage the fibres and alter their colour and texture.
Wigs can be styled using hair accessories such as headbands, scarves, and clips. Here are some tips on how to style your wig with different hair accessories, including braided headbands:
- Braided Headbands: Braided headbands are an excellent way to add a bohemian touch to your wig. You can wear them over your wig or incorporate them into a hairstyle. To wear a braided headband over your wig, place it on your head and then put your wig on top.
- Scarves: Scarves are another great accessory to style your wig with. You can wrap the scarf around your head, leaving the wig’s hair out, or tie it around the base of the wig to create a chic headband look. You can also create a turban style by wrapping the scarf around your head and tucking the wig hair into the scarf.
- Clips and Bobby Pins: Clips and bobby pins can secure your wig and create different hairstyles. You can use them to create updos, half-up, half-down styles, and braids. Use gentle clips and bobby pins that won’t damage the wig’s fibres.
- Hats: Hats are a stylish way to cover up your wig while adding extra flair to your outfit. You can wear a baseball cap for a sporty look, a wide-brimmed sun hat for a beachy vibe, or a cosy beanie for a winter look. Just ensure the hat fits comfortably over your wig without causing any damage.
- Headbands: Headbands are versatile accessories that can be worn in many different ways. You can wear a thin, simple headband to keep your wig hair out of your face or a thicker headband to create a retro or bohemian style. You can even wrap a scarf or ribbon around the headband for a unique look.
No matter what hair accessories you choose, being gentle when styling your wig is essential. Avoid pulling or tugging on the wig’s fibres, which can cause damage over time. When removing your wig, do so carefully to avoid tangling or matting the hair.
In conclusion, wearing a wig can be a fun and convenient way to change your hairstyle without any permanent changes to your natural hair. By choosing the right type of wig, selecting the right colour to match your skin tone and style, and taking care of it properly, you can maintain your wig’s colour and style for an extended period. Additionally, by incorporating different hair accessories into your wig styling routine, you can create unique and beautiful looks that suit your personality and fashion.